browse-url-firefox

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: browse-url-firefox
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 18:31:22 +0200

The following fragment from browse-url-firefox:

          (apply 'start-process
                 (concat "firefox " url) nil
                 browse-url-firefox-program
                 (append
                  browse-url-firefox-arguments
                  (if (or (featurep 'dos-w32)
                          (string-match "win32" system-configuration))
                      (list url)
                    (list "-remote"
                          (concat "openURL("
                                  url
                                  (if (browse-url-maybe-new-window
                                       new-window)
                                      (if browse-url-firefox-new-window-is-tab
                                          ",new-tab"
                                        ",new-window"))

has the effect of invoking Firefox with the URL specified twice on the
command line (so Firefox opens it in two tabs).  I think it's a bug,
and that the right fix is to not (concat "firefox " url), but to use a
literal "firefox" instead.  Does anyone see where I'm wrong?

Steve, do you have any objections to such a change?