Re: What a modern collaboration toolkit looks like

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: What a modern collaboration toolkit looks like
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 20:53:19 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> Are there any tools or widely-accepted methods for figuring out what
> is the main "theme" of a certain branch of a given personal
> repository?  Or does Joe Random Hacker still need to use email to find
> out what is available out there?

A local repository is just a directory somewhere on your filesystem. As
such, it has a name chosen by you. A published repository is an URL that
points to some local repository. Giving meaningful names is up to you.

The users that you allow to access your repositories can remotely
inspect the logs and so gain more info about your hacking.

Usually, you'll say to your intended audience "I'm implementing feature
X and you can follow my work on protocol://my.domain/myrepos/featureX"

--
Oscar