Re: Why Emacs needs a modern bug tracker

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Why Emacs needs a modern bug tracker
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 23:48:34 +0100

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

[snip]

> Introducing a new dependency for working is a risk.  If people stop
> reporting bugs in the current way, one has to change the workflow of
> the potential bugfixers. Not all of them will do this.  If stuff gets
> stuck, one can't easily return to the old way of doing things since a
> different report-emacs-bug would already be out in the wild.

At least with the method I mentioned elsewhere, the only change to
report-emacs-bug is the disposition of the autogenerated text. It would
be sent to emacs-bugs as it is today. There, the bug-tracker
automatically would create the report and associate to it all ongoing
mail discussion and VCS activity.

--
Oscar