Git VC commands on remote file via Tramp

From: André Cruz
Subject: Git VC commands on remote file via Tramp
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 04:04:06 +0000

Hello all.

I'm having some problems using the VC commands on a remote file which has a Git backend. On local files I can use Git as a vc backend with no problems but on remote files I get:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "No fileset is available here.")
  signal(error ("No fileset is available here."))
  error("No fileset is available here.")
  vc-deduce-fileset()
  vc-print-log()
  call-interactively(vc-print-log nil nil)

I'm using the latest Emacs from CVS and the latest tramp version. Is the problem on Emacs, vc-git.el or tramp?

Thanks for the help,
André Cruz