Re: What a modern collaboration toolkit looks like

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: What a modern collaboration toolkit looks like
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 13:09:56 -0500

    The graphical improvements to GUD are nice, but as far as I can see, the new
    features are limited to viewing GUD data.

Isn't that what an IDE is?  Something to let you look at execution
data and source code in a convenient coordinated way?

    project management (files & build)

What does that mean?  Is it some alternative to makefiles?

    bug tracking (see the other threads)
    task management (planner.el, todo-mode, etc.)
    code browsing (yes, it exists, but as add-ons)
    manage window configurations (Eclipse calls them perspectives)

I would like to know more about this.  Emacs lacks convenient features
to usefully save and adjust window configurations, and it would be nice
to add that as a general feature.