Re: Why Emacs needs a modern bug tracker

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Why Emacs needs a modern bug tracker
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 23:29:33 +0100

Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden> writes:

>> Also, what is the name of this bug tracker?  We need to think about
>> which one to use.  We can't just rush to enable _any old_ bug tracker.
>
> Trac: http://trac.edgewall.org/
>
> It nicely integrates a bug tracker, a browser for the VCS and a Wiki (it
> does not force you to use everything).

Please note that Trac does not support e-mail operation out of the
box. This is something that we need to add (there is a plugin that maybe
does the job at https://subtrac.sara.nl/oss/email2trac )

Another possibility is Roundup ( http://roundup.sourceforge.net/ ) :

  Roundup is a simple-to-use and -install issue-tracking system with
  command-line, web and e-mail interfaces.

In any case, we need to add code for parsing reports created with
report-emacs-bug and add them to the bug tracker, or adapt
report-emacs-bug to the formats that the bug tracker understands. The
second option is not as convenient, as it would affect only future Emacs
releases.

--
Oscar