Re: Change the default binding of C-x C-e ?

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: Change the default binding of C-x C-e ?
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 07:53:50 +0100

Am Sonntag, 6. Januar 2008 21:35 schrieb Stefan Monnier:
> > It is sometimes useful whilst hacking lisp to evaluate an expression in
> > the middle of a defun.  You'd be surprised how often that happens.
> > That's what C-x C-e is for, and I'd bet my entire life savings on the
> > rest of the Emacs team agreeing here.
>
> I'd agree, but I also think that maybe the OP has a point: C-x C-e when
> used after an expression such as (defvar foo 1) should, just like C-M-x
> force `foo' to be reset to 1.
>

>         Stefan

Would welcome that.

Presently, while playing around with new code, `devfar'
is not comfortable, as it defends it's value once set.

If values are still experimental, I use `setq'
instead. From what follows a need to correct that
afterwards. With this changing we would get rid of that
need and avoid possible errors.

Right?

Andreas Röhler