Re: Scrolling in image-mode

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Re: Scrolling in image-mode
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 17:49:42 +0100

Kim F. Storm wrote:

You may try cua-mode instead.

It provides the same (and more) features as pc-selection-mode
without rebinding the arrow keys.

Tassilo Horn wrote:

> But you can redefine the image-mode bindings in image-mode-hook like
> this:

> (add-hook 'image-mode-hook
>          (lambda ()
>            (local-set-key (kbd "<right>") 'image-forward-hscroll)
>            ))

Many thanks for all these suggestions.

I have commented out the pc-selection-mode in .emacs (perhaps it was there because adopted with a previous version of Emacs).

A little suggestion/request: When cua-mode is enabled, it would be nice to see some items in Edit menu redefined,

Cut    C-x       instead of       Cut    (<cut>)

etc...

Thanks a lot,
   Angelo.

---
http://www.webalice.it/angelo.graziosi

Facesti come quei che va di notte,
che porta il lume dietro e se' non giova,
ma dopo se' fa le persone dotte.
---
                  DANTE, Purgatorio, xxii 67-69