Re: Slow Carbon emacs

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Slow Carbon emacs
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 13:25:34 -0500

André Cruz wrote:

> I've retrieved the latest emacs version from the Git repository (last
> commit: a0985609cd5b4f8818f45eeedb420cb4187efa67)

This means nothing to me. Emacs development happens via CVS.

> and I've builit it with the Carbon interface.

If this corresponds to the CVS trunk, you should have seen this
message at the end of configure's output:

    Warning: The Mac Carbon port is currently unsupported and has
    known problems. It is not recommended for use by non-developers.
    Read the emacs-devel archives for more information.