Re: Do we need gnus-yes-or-no-p and gnus-y-or-n-p?

From: Katsumi Yamaoka
Subject: Re: Do we need gnus-yes-or-no-p and gnus-y-or-n-p?
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 07:52:00 +0900

>>>>> Richard Stallman wrote:

> It is intentional.

Reiner> In contrast to yes-or-no-p it is much easier to type y, n,
Reiner> SPC, DEL, etc accidentally, so it might be useful for the user
Reiner> to see what he has typed.

> Yes, that is the reason.

Thanks for enlightening me.  This has dispelled my long-standing
doubt that the Lisp programs[1] that clear the echo area are few
except for the ones of Gnus (and emacs-w3m).  I agree with not
deleting on purpose the question and the answer that `y-or-n-p'
displays.  Though this doesn't mean changing my sense of beauty.
I.e., I don't like it.

[1] ediff-quit-meta-buffer, help-with-tutorial, mh-search-folder,
    dissociated-press, and c-submit-bug-report in Emacs.