Re: 23.0.50; DISPLAY env var bug on w32?

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: 23.0.50; DISPLAY env var bug on w32?
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 01:28:04 +0100

Dan Nicolaescu wrote:
This is just a shot in the dark, but can you try to revert server.el to
version 1.136 and see if it works with that?

With a little help from Dan (thanks Dan!) I could confirm that it works with version 1.135.

But I doubt that reverting something is the right fix. At the moment I wonder if all that need to be fixed is perhaps emacsclient. Why should emacsclient send DISPLAY info to Emacs on w32?

There might be reasons that I am not aware of. (I do not remember anything about multiple displays on w32 right now.) If there are, then please see my previous messages about the frame parameters etc. Perhaps is the problem then that the first frame created after "emacs -Q" does not get its frame parameter 'display from the env var DISPLAY?