Re: What a modern collaboration toolkit looks like

From: Mike Mattie
Subject: Re: What a modern collaboration toolkit looks like
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 20:25:40 -0800

On Tue, 08 Jan 2008 12:03:19 +0900
YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <address@hidden> wrote:

> > 3. Carbon Emacs http://homepage.mac.com/zenitani/emacs-e.html
>
> What's distributed at the above URL is `Carbon Emacs Package', which
> is based on Carbon Emacs of course, but not Carbon Emacs itself.
>
> > 4. Aqua Emacs http://aquamacs.org/
>
> It is `Aquamacs Emacs', also based on Carbon Emacs.

you are indeed correct. Those are the pages that I found with
google, simply from memory of various Emacs ports I tried for
OS X.

As far as tools go what about something like emacs.gnu.org ala
gcc.gnu.org ? A home for all the various Emacsen trees, plus
various elisp efforts not yet merged ?

It would certainly facilitate distro packaging to back the
projects with GNU quality infrastructure. Considering how
special Emacs is within the GNU project I have wondered for
a while why the hard work of Emacs developers is currently
scattered across such a wide range of sites. EmacsWiki
is a godsend but doesn't cut it as a distribution point
that distributions like Gentoo can use.

Aside from any of the other tools a emacs.gnu.org site would
make 2008 a year to toast.