Re: dVCS vs. CVS

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: dVCS vs. CVS
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 21:59:56 +0900

Yavor Doganov <address@hidden> writes:
> I'm not defending CVS and do not dispute the many advantages of dVCS.
> I am just disappointed that nearly all projects ignore the drawbacks
> they bring in to non-technical people.

Your description below makes it sounds like the (presumed) disadvantage
is not from dCVS per-se, but rather simply from _any_ change in tools.

It's true that a project probably shouldn't be changing the tools it
uses too often (that just confuses everybody), but I think change is
inevitable in the long run, and in the long run I'm not sure it makes
much difference whether it happens tuesday or thursday...

-Miles

--
"Suppose we've chosen the wrong god. Every time we go to church we're
just making him madder and madder." -- Homer Simpson