Re: 23.0.50; ffap fails to recognize files whose names use backslashes

From: Eric Hanchrow
Subject: Re: 23.0.50; ffap fails to recognize files whose names use backslashes
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 11:15:05 -0800

    GM> Eric Hanchrow wrote:
    >> * I started emacs with "runemacs -Q" * In the *scratch* buffer,
    >> I typed c:\autoexec.bat * I then typed M-x ffap RET I expected
    >> to see a minibuffer prompt that looked like
    >>
    >> Find file or URL: c:\autoexec.bat

    GM> It's hard for me to comment since I don't use Windows, but
    GM> what happens if you add "\" to the `file' element of
    GM> ffap-string-at-point-mode-alist?  Eg:

It appears to work perfectly, is what happens.  << /me slaps forehead >>

I will explain why I didn't try that: mostly because I didn't see a
_forward_ slash in that list, and I was thinking "I've got to find out
how to make backslashes work like forward slashes".  I still don't
understand how ffap-string-at-point works, despite tracing through it
a number of times.

--
Покажи мне твой .emacs, и я скажу, кто ты.
        -- Russian Proverb