Re: undoing changes automatically

From: Roland Winkler
Subject: Re: undoing changes automatically
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 02:51:13 +0100

On Tue Nov 13 2007 Richard Stallman wrote:
> I don't know if anyone has as yet used atomic-change-group.
> I'd be interested to know if it actually works well for you.

While testing various error scenarios in bibtex.el that should be
handled by atomic-change-group, I once got the error message

  cancel-change-group: Undoing to some unrelated state

followed by

  cancel-change-group: Wrong type argument: listp, t

I wanted to debug this error, but I couldn't reproduce it.

I looked at the code of cancel-change-group. It's not clear to me
what "Undoing to some unrelated state" means. I'd expect that
atomic-change-group should not produce any errors by itself.

Roland