Re: rfn-eshadow

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: rfn-eshadow
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 09:13:31 +0100

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> Indeed, in the above recipe, Tramp gets loaded while we're inside the
> ffap, i.e. while inside the `let' binding, so the
> tramp-file-name-handler' gets removed when get out of the let
> binding :-(
> I.e. we shouldn't use let-binding.  I installed the untested patch below
> which should hopefully fix this problem.

Likely it does (I have no recent checked out version at hand).

But ... wouldn't be the clean solution to simply call url-handler-mode,
and let it be active? Why do we need to remove url-file-handler from
file-name-handler-alist afterwards?

If somebody copies a url as filename into the minibuffer (that's ffap
functionality), and intends to load this file, this seems to be TRT.

And if url-handler-mode hurts, it needs to be fixed there.

>         Stefan

Best regards, Michael.