Re: Woman path : adding l10n man pages

From: Frédéric Perrin
Subject: Re: Woman path : adding l10n man pages
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 16:35:40 +0100

Le Tue, 08 Jan 2008 16:38:04 +0100, Andreas Schwab
<address@hidden> a écrit :

> Frédéric Perrin <address@hidden> writes:
>
> >>                                      (substring (getenv
> >> "LANG") 0 2)))) (add-to-list 'manpath
>
> LANG can also contain a language alias.  There is no requirement
> that the first two character have anything to do with the language
> code. Moreover, the language should actually be derived from
> LC_MESSAGES.
>
> Andreas.

I didn't know that. Changing LANG into LC_MESSAGES is trivial, but I
cannot parse it so as to get the user's language's two letter code. I
don't know the possible aliases, and even if I did, I wouldn't be
able to do it in Lisp.

Could someone do that ? I would be very nice to have woman display
localised man pages, just like man(1) does.

--
Fred