XEmbed patches - again.

From: David Soulayrol
Subject: XEmbed patches - again.
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 21:19:00 +0100

Hello.

Timo Savola wrote some patches for Emacs in order to bring the
capability to embed the Emacs GTK frame into another one, using GTK
sockets [1]. RMS asked him to wait for the 22 release, so he did, and
then he started a new thread on this list last summer [2].

Timo used these patches to wrap Emacs with some tools like a file
browser I believe. The PIDA project [3] - whose motto is to reuse all
the fine components for an IDE around - needs these patches too to embed
the Emacs frame.

Since the last thread about these patches seems to have ended in last
july, I would like to know if they could make their way in trunk soon,
or where they are blocked today.

Thanks all for your work.

[1] http://timo.stc.cx/git/?p=emacs-xembed.git;a=summary
[2] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2007-07/msg00981.html