Re: Regression in WoMan

From: Sven Joachim
Subject: Re: Regression in WoMan
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 21:26:25 +0100

On 2008-01-08 01:14 +0100, Juri Linkov wrote:

>> There seem to be three possibilities to solve the issue: have woman
>> insert a footer like man does; differentiate the treatment of the last
>> line between man and woman ; or remove the footer in man buffers as
>> well.
>>
>> What would be the best?
>
> The fourth possibility is to use the same regexps used to remove
> the footer by woman-man-buffer, to check the existence of the footer
> before ignoring the last line in Man-next-section.

I looked at this possibility, but it does not seem to work;
woman-man-buffer assumes that nroff inserts page numbers at the end of
the line, but that's not the case with modern nroff (depending on the
output device, I assume).  For instance, the getch manpage only displays
"getch(3NCURSES)" as non-space characters in the footer line.  How are
we going to detect that this is a footer?