Re: Why Emacs needs a modern bug tracker

From: Giorgos Keramidas
Subject: Re: Why Emacs needs a modern bug tracker
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 06:11:13 +0200

On 2008-01-06 13:09, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:
>     I highly recommend firemacs. It's a firefox add-on that rebinds most
>     of the editing keys to Emacs defaults.
>
>     https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4141
>
> I've been wanting that for ages.

Hi Richard,
Another extension which you will probably like a lot is `mozex':

  http://mozex.mozdev.org/development.html

It can be configured to allow editing of web forms through emacsclient,
which I *always* do these days.  I vehemently _hate_ having to edit in a
tiny text box, with web-page dependent fonts and non-Emacs keyboard
bindings.  So I usually install mozex, and then configure mozex to edit
text areas with:

    emacsclient -a emacs

I commonly start `server-mode' in an Emacs instance when I fire up X11,
so this works quite nicely.