Re: DocView broken!

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: DocView broken!
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 13:49:44 +0100

Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Tassilo,

>> Now when I try to visit a PDF file in the minibuffer I see:
>>
>>    File mode specification error: (void-function tramp-tramp-file-p)
>>
>> and the file is shown as a text (Text mode).
>
> Sorry, my bad.  I checked in a fix for this a minute ago.

Your approach to require Tramp is not clean I fear. There are users
who don't use Tramp at all. Furthermore, tramp-tramp-file-p is not a
documented function, that means it could change without any notice.

Better would be to apply (file-remote-p buffer-file-name)

Furthermore, you shall check (stringp buffer-file-name) at all - try
"M-x doc-view-mode" when you are in *scratch* ...

> Bye,
> Tassilo

Best regards, Michael.