About cross-compiling emacs

From: rdiezmail-emacs
Subject: About cross-compiling emacs
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 14:09:39 +0100 (CET)

Hi all:

I'm trying to cross-compile emacs-22.1, and I'm finding a number of
issues. Is cross-compiling "supported" or tested at all by the emacs
developers? The reason I'm asking is that I'm finding a number
problems, and apart from the following 'configure' parameter,
cross-compiling does not seem to be documented:

  ./configure --help

  [...]

  --host=HOST  cross-compile to build programs to run on HOST [BUILD]

I found below that Peter Brett already tried (see his posting at
http://www.groupsrv.com/computers/about161848.html ). He got further
than I was able to, but he couldn't get to the end either (I've just
checked with him). Should I expect that everything works fine? Or
should I give up?

If it should work, can someone tell me how to get past his problem?

Whether it is expected to work or not, I think the documentation should
say something more about cross-compiling.

Many thanks in advance,
  Ruben

       __________________________________ Ihr erstes Fernweh? Wo gibt es den
schönsten Strand? www.yahoo.de/clever