Re: RFC: status icon support

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: RFC: status icon support
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 08:03:54 +0100

Tom Tromey skrev:
"Michael" == Michael Olson <address@hidden> writes:

Michael> [ ... excellent bug report ]
Michael> I suspect a race condition.

Yes, I think you are right.  I am not sure but maybe the answer is to
call gtk_main_iteration to flush the gtk event queue.  I am testing
that.  If that doesn't work, I guess I'll have to learn more about the
Emacs event stuff... scary.  I may need help.

gdk_window_process_all_updates flushes the event queue. But if there are timers involved, you must do something more complicated as the Emacs main loop does not do Gtk+/Glib timers. Search for xg_process_timeouts/xg_start_timer/xg_stop_timer in gtkutil.c in that case and something similar.

        Jan D.