Re: dialog.el v0.1

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: dialog.el v0.1
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 15:58:58 +0900

>  > Since emacs already supports GTK, which offers widgets, it would seem
>  > silly to use wxwidgets (which is something else entirely)...
>
> It's not totally useless; wxWidgets is already ported to and mature on
> several platforms that Emacs runs on, including GTK.

Well not _completely_ useless, but it's yet-another-completely-
different-toolkit-to-support (it uses, e.g., GTK, but it's not
compatible with GTK).  I've heard a lot of complaints about wxwidgets,
so I'm wary of having any actual dependency on it.

-Miles

--
"An atheist doesn't have to be someone who thinks he has a proof that there
can't be a god.  He only has to be someone who believes that the evidence