Re: 23.0.60; rmail-redecode-body finishing with error "Invalid Search Bo

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; rmail-redecode-body finishing with error "Invalid Search Bound"
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 20:34:04 +0100

> When rmail-msgend is returning 190 (i.e. when called by
> rmail-show-message called by rmail-redecode-body), rmail-message-vector
> itself seems to have markers at 1,183,190 instead of 1,183,1176 in it.

You would have to find out how they get set up this way.  IIUC,
`rmail-maybe-set-message-counters' does this near the beginning of
`rmail-show-message'.  Could you tell me what value it gets there and
what the value of `point-max' is, maybe the buffer was narrowed in some
strange way and the third value is simply `point-max' (note that the
buffer is widened immediately after that).

> In rmail-redecode-body, perhaps suspiciously
>
>                (goto-char x-coding-header)
>                (delete-region (point)
>                               (save-excursion
>                                 (beginning-of-line)
>                                 (point)))
>                (insert "X-Coding-System: "
>                        (symbol-name last-coding-system-used))
> ===>                (set-marker x-coding-header nil)

This just removes a marker that is no more needed in order to not slow
down further computations.  I think it's not related to your problem.