Re: Simple Tasks, new TODO category

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Simple Tasks, new TODO category
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 19:13:47 +0100

dhruva wrote:
Hello,

On Jan 20, 2008 11:15 PM, Lennart Borgman (gmail)
<address@hidden> wrote:
- Printing is broken on w32 and some weeks ago I discovered that Emacs
can hang completely if a user tries to print. Unsaved data can be lost,
of course!

 Could you please send me a scenario to reproduce the printing/problem
hang, I will debug it and try fixing it. Does current (HEAD) Emacs
have native printing support on M$ or does it relay on some lisp code
to use a helper application to print? I was using 'notepad'/'wordpad'
as a helper function to print earlier but have not used it in recent
times though.

I do not have UI related experience and hence may not be able to get
to work immediately.

-dky

Hi dky,

The information is in this thread:

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2008-01/msg00850.html

But as Dan said this is not a simple issue that we can fix now. Instead I agree with what Jason said in this thread. We should simply warn the user about the problem (and I believe I said in the thread what I believe is reasonable to do). However adding a warning and a defcustom to avoid the warning should be rather easy (but not very simple).