Re: w32 issues

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: w32 issues
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 19:30:25 +0100

Dan Nicolaescu wrote:
"Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <address@hidden> writes:

  > Dan Nicolaescu wrote:

  > > None of these seem be in the "Simple Tasks" category, and some have been
  > > discussed on the list.
  > >
  > >   > - Printing is broken on w32 and some weeks ago I discovered that Emacs
  > >   > can hang completely if a user tries to print. Unsaved data can be
  > >   > lost, of course!
  > >   >
  > >   > - rgrep is broken on w32. (I will send a patch for this in a while
though.)
  > >   >   > - The handling of lwindow/rwindow and alt keys are
  > > broken. (I have
  > >   > sent patches several times for this, but nothing really happens.)
  > >   >   > - Menu handling is broken IMO. You can not add accelerators
  > >   > menus. This is due to handling of & chars at the wrong moment in the C
  > >   > sources.
  > >   >   >   > I am surprised that not the first one of these bugs are
  > > in FOR-RELEASE
  > >   > and I believe it is a very good illustration of the need for a bug
  > >   > database.
  > >
  > > There's a section in FOR-RELEASE specifically for Windows bugs, why not
  > > ask the Windows port maintainers to add these there?
> > I suppose I am one of them, though I never tough the CVS myself. Maybe
  > I should?

admin/MAINTAINERS says Jason is, and Eli is probably a de facto
maintainer. Why not ask them. (and providing links to the mailing list
where these issues were previously discussed is always helpful)

Ah, I see. I think both Jason and Eli are aware of the problems.

Jason and Eli, I think at least the first problem should be in FOR-RELEASE. What do you think?