Re: w32 issues

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: w32 issues
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 17:45:43 +0100

Stefan Monnier wrote:
Yes, that is good and it is also now mentioned in the manual:
  (info "(emacs) Windows Printing")
The problem is that it requires an external program that not everyone has.

I understand that some people choose not to install Ghostscript, but are
there cases where they *couldn't* install it?
I think we should more actively encourage the use of Ghostscript
under Windows.  E.g. we may want to provide a link to an appropriate
web-page.  And advertize the fact that it would allow them to print to
PDF as well from any application as well (anything that can undermine
Adobe is good in my book).

I think there might have been some problem with Ghostscript license before. Is that perhaps solved now? Or does not that license matter?