Re: Emacs-devel Digest, Vol 47, Issue 14

From: Martin Geisler
Subject: Re: Emacs-devel Digest, Vol 47, Issue 14
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 20:43:24 +0100

Sascha Wilde <address@hidden> writes:

> David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> "Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> I second this recommendation. I am not yet sure Mercurial is the
>>> overall best-of-breed, but it is the most accessible of the big
>>> three (git, bzr, hg) and seems to have the best UI design.
>>
>> Before making a decision, one should try the candidates on the Emacs
>> repository data which will constitute our real workload.
>
> FWIW: I maintain an hg mirror of emacs head and my personal emacs
> branch here: http://hg.intevation.org/
> so testing mercurial with real world Emacs data is simple...

Cool! Cloning this took 14 minutes and gave me 86115 revisions with the
story back to 1985. That is steady stream of 11 commits every day! :-)

The repository alone uses 143 MiB. Quite comfortable after 22 years of
development, IMHO. I don't know how much data the mirror is missing in
other branches, though.

The working copy for the current tip uses 97 MiB.

--
Martin Geisler

VIFF (Virtual Ideal Functionality Framework) brings easy and efficient
SMPC (Secure Multi-Party Computation) to Python. See: http://viff.dk/.