Re: w32 issues

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: w32 issues
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 00:54:48 +0100

Vinicius Jose Latorre wrote:

Well, it seems I found a C program (GPL) that can print a PostScript file in a printer from Windows:

   Printing PostScript Files from Microsoft Windows
   http://cybertiggyr.com/gene/psw/

But I didn't test it.

I guess that can work in some circumstances, but it bypasses the printer drivers. Couldn't that lead to problems for the printer drivers?

Yes, it bypasses the printer driver, what kind of problem?

Couldn't anyone who has Windows test this program to see if fixes the problem (or part of it)?

It could be a start point for a solution.

But must not the user have a PostScript printer for this to work? Didn't we say that most users will not have this?