State of VC?

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: State of VC?
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 11:43:06 -0500 (EST)

I was on the road, with only spotty access to email, all last week.
During this time there was, apparently, a lot of VC-related activity
including discussion of a new interface that has been partially
implemented, and several patches flying back and forth.

I have time to work on VC and consider myself responsible for it
(especially since the new-VC rewrite).  But I am unclear on what needs
to be done with VC at this point.

Would those of you who have been hacking please summarize the design
and coding issues as you see them?  From that I will try to put together
some sort of roadmap and get a start on executing it.