Re: Moving to the new infrastructure

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: Moving to the new infrastructure
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 16:01:37 -0500

"Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden> writes:
> As I've previously noted, I was on the road with only spotty access to
> email all last week.  Accordingly, I've somewhat lost track of the
> discussion of potential choices for an issue tracker and a new VCS.
> Has any consensus emerged that was not present last Sunday (13 Jan)?
>
> The VCS survey I'm working on has turned into a major project.  I have over
> a dozen reviewer/collaborators now and a huge backlog of contributions
> and critiques to absorb.  I expect there's almost a week's worth of
> catch-up I'll have to do before I can even get to the point of doing
> more in the way of original writing and new evaluations.
>
> Therefore, while I am still willing to do the grunt-work involved in
> qualifying and installing an issue tracker for Emacs, it might be more
> efficient for me to concentrate on getting the VCS evaluations done
> and let someone else take the lead on the issue tracker.  Does anyone
> want that job?

While I eagerly await the VCS survey, I even more eagerly await a bug
tracker (and don't have time to set up debbugs or something myself).
If you're asking for other people to suggest how to prioritize your
time -- always a dangerous thing thing, of course -- I'd vote for
issue tracker first and *then* VCS evaluations.

YMMV, and of course it's entirely up to you.

-Karl