Re: patch: add-log.el: changelog find file under poin

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: patch: add-log.el: changelog find file under poin
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 17:29:20 -0500

    ffap is just a function, not a mode of any kind.

    Perhaps you are saying you don't want people to have to load ffap.el?

Here's the file's documentation:

    ;; For the default installation, add this line to your .emacs file:
    ;;
    ;; (ffap-bindings)                      ; do default key bindings
    ;;
    ;; ffap-bindings makes the following global key bindings:
    ;;
    ;; C-x C-f          find-file-at-point (abbreviated as ffap)
    ;; C-x C-r          ffap-read-only
    ;; C-x C-v          ffap-alternate-file

This is not, strictly speaking, a minor mode (though perhaps we should
make it one), but it acts like a mode.  Some people use it, some
don't.

So the question is, should Change Log mode have this feature,
or should we say "globally use ffap if you want this"?

Or, perhaps Change Log mode could bind find-file-at-point
to a C-c command.