path: cperl-mode.el support for Perl 5.10

From: Jonathan Rockway
Subject: path: cperl-mode.el support for Perl 5.10
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 16:46:53 -0600

Hi all,

I recently patched cperl-mode.el so that it supports new Perl 5.10
keywords, namely "given/when/default/break", "say", "UNITCHECK", and
"state".  I have a few other patches brewing, which I rambled about on
my website (http://blog.jrock.us/articles/Emacs%20and%20Perl%
205.10.pod); basically some refactoring to make the regexes more
readable, support for adding your syntax via customize (now that it's
easy to add syntax to Perl with Devel::Declare), and perhaps splitting
the mode into separate files (cperl-syntax, cperl-refactor, etc.) for
ease of maintainability (opening a 10000 line file can be scary :).

Also, I haven't heard from Ilya recently... if he's no longer
maintaining cperl-mode, I don't have any problem taking over.

Regards,
Jonathan Rockway