Re: w32 issues

From: dhruva
Subject: Re: w32 issues
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 20:57:09 +0530

Hi,
i now have a working implementation that can print well pre-formatted
text from a file. I am able to print a page. I am working on getting
pagesize to find the number rows and cols i can print and start a new
page on reaching the bottom. No support for headers or margins yet. I
have code corresponding to 'win32 programming'. It is a dll and i am
considering getting in touch with the author if it could be released
uner gpl.

-dky

On 1/23/08, Jason Rumney <address@hidden> wrote:
> Lennart Borgman (gmail) wrote:
> > Would it not help to use StartDoc etc (or whatever they are called)
> > and send data to the printer like in the little c program Vinicius
> > pointed to?
>
> It would help to do a lot of things. But apparently people only have the
> time to discuss those things ad nauseum, not to work on implementing
> them, so I have checked in a change which will improve things for the
> majority of people affected.
>
>  > I thought dhruva wanted to add printing to Emacs itself (using the
> GDI API:s).
>
> In my experience, implementing a stopgap measure inside Emacs itself
> could cause efforts towards a full native solution to stall. There may
> also be benefits to not interfacing with the printer inside Emacs, such
> as the case where the system API locks up, the external helper
> applications takes the lockup, not Emacs itself.

Contents reflect my personal views only!