Re: State of VC?

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: State of VC?
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 17:17:23 -0700

>> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2008-01/msg00549.html
>> (this patch is probably bogus)

Dan> Does this still happen? This might have been due to bugs due to the
Dan> introduction of the ignored and unregistered states.

I will try to look soon.

>> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2008-01/msg00410.html
>> (a patch, not really a bug)

Dan> Don't know about this one. If you think is correct and you tested
Dan> it, I can check it in.

This one I think is ok.  I'm not in a super rush to get it in though;
this list was really just stuff for ESR to mull over.

[vc-status]
>> I think it has potential, but it is not ready.

Dan> Sure it's not.  The point here is just to move it from the
Dan> "experimental, can be deleted anytime" state to "work in progress, this
Dan> is the future" so that more people can work on this.

We are in complete agreement :)

>> This is not the same if a marked file changes from modified to unmodified.
>> In this case it will disappear from the listing.

Dan> OK. Would this need a change in the interface to the backend?

I don't think so.  Maybe it would be nice to have a function that is
called to indicate that the update is complete... that's come up a
couple times.

Tom