Tabbed buffers

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Tabbed buffers
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 10:57:14 +1300

On help-gnu-emacs, Per Nordlöw has asked about showing the threads view by
default in gdb-ui.  The problem is trying to fit so many windows in a single
frame.  Eclipse gets round this problem by displaying tabbed panes.  I know
that you can do something like this in Emacs using tabbar.el.  Nowadays though,
many applications, e.g., Firefox, use the underlying toolkit for this.  I
wonder if we should add such a feature to Emacs at the C level, at least for
GTK.