Re: What a modern collaboration toolkit looks like

From: Thomas Lord
Subject: Re: What a modern collaboration toolkit looks like
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 17:23:52 -0800

Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
   GNU projects should use and thus support other GNU projects, as a
   matter of loyalty.  So if bzr becomes a GNU package, we should use
   bzr.

For the record, we have tla which does what bzr does.

Oops.  Though I had resolved to say next to nothing
on this list I must poke in here.

Tla helped give birth to bzr.   Bzr is completely rewritten,
as far as I know.   Bzr is defined by large amounts of creative
contribution that have nothing to do with me.   But: tla
really helped lead to bzr, fairly directly.

The point is, that it does not disrespect the GNU Arch
project to consider GNU-izing and organizing around
bzr.   That is a technical question and it is a legal, economic
and ethical question about how the project will be run
in the future -- but, if I have any authority on the matter,
adopting bzr is not per se any kind of disloyalty to tla.

tla,
-t