Re: Tabbed buffers

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: Tabbed buffers
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 09:38:41 -0500

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> I could imagine introducing tabs as a new concept between windows
> and frames.  So the behavior of display-buffer could be configured to
> either use the current window, or pop a new window, or pop a new tab or
> pop a new frame.

Here's another approach.  Currently, frames can be iconified or
normal/deiconified.  We could add a third state, "unselected tab",
which also contains information about a "master" frame that is the
selected tab to which the unselected tab is attached.  That way, a
"selected" tab is a frame in its normal or iconified states, and an
"unselected" tab is a frame in the "unselected tab" state.