Re: 23.0.50; vc: missing done in progress message

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: 23.0.50; vc: missing done in progress message
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 10:27:59 +0100

() Ulrich Neumerkel <address@hidden>
() Mon, 28 Jan 2008 08:57:04 +0100

   No, I do not see that. Just modified a file to get:

   Mark set
   Wrote /opt/gupu/src/pl-gitp/pl/library/apply_macros.pl [2 times]
   Finding changes in /opt/gupu/src/pl-gitp/pl/library/apply_macros.pl... done

   So, there is no OK message (with git)

Emacs' vc-git.el is still settling down[0], plus Git has some
diff-related peculiarities[1], plus it's possible my setup[2] has
inured me to the travails of avoiding "stock" systems.

This means basically, i don't know where the difference may be
creeping in!  So lets start over to try to find common debugging
pov.  (Sorry, i should have suggested the following, initially.)
Could you do a "cvs update", build Emacs, start it with "-Q", and
let me know what you see?  I will do the same, here.  Also, i see
1.5.3.6 at the bottom of a previous mail; is that the version
number of a stock (w/o modifications) git release?

thi

[0] http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/emacs/emacs/lisp/vc-git.el?view=log
[1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnulib/2007-12/msg00179.html
[2] http://www.gnuvola.org/wip/  (see vc-git-hacking)