Re: Emacs CVS, ispell-change-dictionary etc...

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Re: Emacs CVS, ispell-change-dictionary etc...
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 09:30:19 +0100

Glenn Morris wrote:
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 12:11:57 +0100
From: Angelo Graziosi <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: Emacs CVS, ispell-change-dictionary etc...

I have noted that when for a buffer flyspell-mode is enable, then this is saved in .emacs.desktop so the next time one starts Emacs the buffer is reloaded with that mode enabled.

But if one also change the default dictionary
(M-x ispell-change-dictionary), the new dictionary is not saved for that buffer in .emacs.desktop!

The list of local variables saved and restored by desktop is
customizable through `desktop-locals-to-save'. You probably want to
add `ispell-local-dictionary' or something similar to this list. It
can't contain everything by default.

I would that if buffer-A is spelled with italian dict., buffer-B with english dict., buffer-C..., then the same should happen when these buffers are reloaded (if flyspell is saved).

So which variables should I add to desktop-locals-to-save (a little example?)?

In any case, I remains in my opinion: If the logic is to save, by default, the flyspell-mode for a buffer, also the dictionary with which the buffer is spelled should be saved. If not then also flyspell should not, by default!

Cheers,
   Angelo.

---
Facesti come quei che va di notte,
che porta il lume dietro e se' non giova,
ma dopo se' fa le persone dotte.
---
                  DANTE, Purgatorio, xxii 67-69