Font names in emacs-unicode-2 not recognized any more

From: Herbert Euler
Subject: Font names in emacs-unicode-2 not recognized any more
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 23:00:24 +0800

Hello,

After updating the source code of the emacs-unicode-2 branch, I get an
error with my previously working configuration file.  I have the
following in my configuration file (~/.emacs):

(set-default-font "FreeMono-17")

But the new Emacs signals an error:

$ emacs --debug-init

error--> (some text has been deleted)

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Font `FreeMono-17' is not defined")
  modify-frame-parameters(# ((font . "FreeMono-17")))
  set-default-font("FreeMono-17")
  (cond ((eq window-system ...) (setq printer-name ... ...)))
  ... ...
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()

Where "FreeMono-17" was previously recognized.  Are there any
incompatible changes happened such that I am having to update my
configuration files?  Thanks.

Regards,
Guanpeng Xu