Re: linum.el?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: linum.el?
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 07:13:56 +0900

"Juanma Barranquero" <address@hidden> writes:
> Miles, I know you shoulder most, if not all, the work in merging the
> branches and the trunk, so I understand you position.
>
> But the criteria for whether a package belongs to the release branch
> or not should be mostly about its readiness and general usefulness.
> How difficult is to maintain the branches synchronized it's IMHO
> secondary (...)

I understand that.

I think some of the "new features" on the release branch are important
(for instance, better support for modern VCS tools), but others have
quite honestly been extremely marginal.  To be honest, as far as I can
see the criteria for putting stuff on the release branch has more less
been "Eh, why not?"

I don't ask that the release be compromised to make my life easier --
but I also don't think it be a bad thing to pay a bit more heed to the
idea that the release branch is mainly for bug fixes and important
feature updates.

-Miles

--
Kilt, n. A costume sometimes worn by Scotchmen [sic] in America and Americans
in Scotland.