Re: testing for a remote file to include file on a Windows mappeddrive

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: testing for a remote file to include file on a Windows mappeddrive
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 10:07:54 +0100

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> For the "/:" file-name handler, file-remote-p should return nil, and
> unhandled-file-name should return the filename with the "/:" stripped.
> For url-handler-mode, the "file://" should not be considered remote
> either and unhandled-file-name should return the filename with the
> "file://" stripped.

I've got it: we were speaking about different functions. You need a
function which converts a file name to an argument which can be passed
literally to a *local* subprocess.

I was speaking about trimming a file name, which can be used then as
argument by *any* subprocess, either local, either remote
(`process-file' or `start-file-process').

Both functions might be useful.

>         Stefan

Best regards, Michael.