Re: Windows: Documentation for bin\*.exe

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Windows: Documentation for bin\*.exe
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 12:52:31 +0200

> Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 00:17:57 +0000
> From: Jason Rumney <address@hidden>
>
> Sorry for missing this the first time around. I have added a short
> description of each exe file to README.W32 with pointers to the
> appropriate section of the manual where appropriate.

Thanks, but I'm not sure it is appropriate to describe in README.W32
programs that are not specific to the w32 build, such as etags,
ebrowse, hexl, movemail, etc.  If these should be documented (hexl and
movemail are internal to Emacs, for example, and are not supposed to
be run directly by the user), it should be done in a file that isn't
specific to Windows.

How about adding a special README.something file that would describe
all these auxiliary programs, including those specific to Windows, and
be installed by "make install"?