Re: Tabbed buffers

From: T. V. Raman
Subject: Re: Tabbed buffers
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 18:06:52 -0800

    Richard>     Doing this on Linux would also have the nice
    Richard> side-effect of allowing tty users to place each
    Richard> frameset on a different virtual console, something
    Richard> which would make it easier to logically separate out
    Richard> frames.
    Richard>
    Richard> I don't follow that.

I run exclusively on the console, ie no X.
I hve lots of buffers open, and prefer to organize them in
frames, with  ech frame holding related buffers.

If I could place each frame on a separate virtual console where
I'm already logged in,
then I could switch among those frames by hitting alt-f<n>, and
then use emacs' buffer switching commands in that frame to manage
the  orde rin which buffers are cycled through in that particular
frame.

At present I move among frames by naming them first; but if I
forget to move to the named frame first, then I end up with
buffers that I'd ideally leave in one frame getting accessed in another.

--
Best Regards,
--raman

Email:  address@hidden