Re: RFC: status icon support again

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: RFC: status icon support again
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 19:12:07 +0900 (JST)

> In an earlier message you mentioned toolbars being integrated into
> redisplay.  This was one disconnect for me -- I don't see how, or
> why, we would want to integrate status icons into redisplay.  They
> are not connected to a frame at all.

Integration into redisplay makes it possible to provide an alternative
implementation for the case that the status icons are not available.
As for tool bars, Emacs has both native and toolkit implementations.

BTW, how status icons work when Emacs is connecting to multiple X11
displays?

                                      YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden