Re: emacsclient misbehaves

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: emacsclient misbehaves
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 18:33:12 -0500

Would someone please DTRT and ack?

Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 22:38:56 +0059
From: Han Boetes <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: emacsclient misbehaves

Hi,

I found this bug which started occuring about a few month ago.

I used this command to start editing a file on the correct line:

emacsclient --eval "(progn (find-file
\"$PWD/Pkgfile\")(beginning-of-buffer)(search-forward
\"version=\")(move-end-of-line nil))"

This worked fine. Now if I do it emacsclient does open the file
and goes to the right line, it just doesn't get the tty like it
should. It prints the line one would expect in the minibuffer on
stdout.

Using the options with emacs as the command does work fine.

I hope you can repeat this.

# Han
--
 (_)    I'll have the veal, a lovely meal, that's how I feel - May I use
  "===' your skull for a bowl? -- Tom Waits