Re: Still cannot build native windows version of emacs 23.*

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Still cannot build native windows version of emacs 23.*
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 22:45:08 +0200

> Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 11:02:18 +0000
> From: Jason Rumney <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> Eric Lilja wrote:
> > Here's the full session log performed on fresh cvs checkout (old files
> > removed first). Hope attaching it works (posting through gmane, it's
> > rather big), I can host it if it doesn't work.
>
>       mingw32-make[2]: Entering directory
> `c:/blandat/editors/emacs/cvsemacs/emacs/admin/unidata'
>       "../../src/oo-spd/i386/emacs.exe" -Q --multibyte -batch -f
> batch-byte-compile unidata-gen.el
>       Cannot open load file: encoded-kb

One possible cause is that EMACSLOADPATH is not set in the environment
of emacs.exe.  Please take a look at admin/unidata/makefile: it should
have these two lines:

  export EMACSLOADPATH
  EMACSLOADPATH = $(CURDIR)/../../lisp

Do you have them?

If you do and it still does not work, perhaps the combination of the
MinGW Make and the Cygwin shell causes the exported variable to cease
to work?  (But then how did it work for you before the Unicode merge?)