Re: unexec problem

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: unexec problem
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 21:26:53 +0200

> From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden, address@hidden
> Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 11:12:02 -0500
>
>     How about running the bootstrap temacs (the one that is dumped to
>     produce bootstrap-emacs) under GDB with a breakpoint in malloc, and
>     recording all calls to malloc with their callers?
>
> I don't know how to do that.  Can you tell me how?

Something like this:

  cd src
  gdb ./temacs
  (gdb) set logging on
  (gdb) break malloc
  (gdb) commands
   > bt
   > continue
   > end
  (gdb) run --batch --load loadup bootstrap

Then, when temacs exits, you will have all the hits of this
breakpoint, together with the backtrace of each one of them, in the
file gdb.txt.  (You can change the name of the file with the command
"set logging file FOO".)